Rail Track

“O Shucks! I missed it again.” This is the mantra I chant every morning, when I miss my local train. Life in a chirpy city of Mumbai starts on a Local train and ends on one too. Every morning the same old routine with a twist is an average mumbaikars life. Today morning was Almost the same. Well, to bring to your notice before I began RailTrack aint a murder mystery, a bomb-blast story or a Love on Railgadi scenario. It’s merely about the connection between me and the Railways. Western railways to be precise.
Twisting and turning all night to gain some sleep with the weird noises created in my neighborhood, simply reminds me of a Monster Inc. And when about to sleep, the alarm rings and I switch it off with a 5Minute reminder, which goes on forever, until my mum kicks on my Bum. With those sleepy eyes I moan in my misery cursing the one who wrote in Vedas to take shower every morning. Still, with sleepy eyes I dress, gulp down a glass of Tang and head for the BEST. Waiting in a queue on a Monday morning, everybody seems so vivacious except me. I board the Bus scratching through the crowd for that one left out; unseen ladies seat….until some fat-ass took over it.
Did I mention, I have a problem of imagination? Well, I end up thinking that me and her are in the ring like sumo-wrestlers and in the center is the seat-(sound effect-aaaaaaa- with a flashlight on the seat). We are just about to begin the fight, when I experience a jerk and a Ting-Ting along with a call-out that says-“Borivali Station” I get down and look at my cell-10:30am. Goddamit! I am late again! I run through the screeching traffic and the railway crowd. The TC’s at borivli station are very fond of me. They never miss a chance to catch hold of me. I have tried many a times to discover the similarities between me and Osama Bin Laden’s face, but fortunately found none, I wonder what are the TC’s looking out for.
I hear the booger and the train is about to leave, my 10:36 local. I run fast and faster to reach the ladies compartment, surpassing all the onlookers, bypassers, commentators, comics and the bitches. The train begins to speed-up and I continue running, thinking at the same time-M I growing fat that I can’t catch a train or is it’s just not my destiny and God wants me to get a window seat in the next one. Sounds stupid I know, but that’s what I think when I am sleepy. The train leaves the platform without me.
I try to escape the comics and the bitches and find a throne in the corner. I take out my cell-phone and call office to inform. They barge at me like a laughing hyna waiting to prey a goat. I am sad and wish if only if I was one of those dabbawalas would have got the guts and company to board me in the local under any circumstances. Talking about the dabbalwals, they are the ideal specimen of a perfect organization world-wide. Dayum! My organization would never reach those heights. I mean, I work for someone who sells tickets (lol). I feel like a Black ka Maal guy standing outside cinema halls to woo the crowd to buy tickets from him. Well, my business is almost the same, I come up with offers and discounts to woo the crowd onto my website from varied mediator streams to book tickets at a so-called discounted price-O Poor Fools, I smirk in my monstrous abyss.
Suddenly I realize my smirk turned into a gruesome laughter, and trust me it is pretty scary. I call my best buddy to escape the embrace of embarrassment. The next train arrives the station and I pick my bits and pieces heading towards the ladies compartment. While I yap on the phone my eyes meet this cute guy who smiles looking at my t-shirt that says-“My Chemical Romance”. I understand his intentions to walk up to me with a common topic of discussion-Muzzak. He is moving towards me and I am still smiling (This aint a DDLJ scene). But as he moves closer, I feel the distance increasing, till someone calls-out for me-“Abe Maregi Kya Latak ke” and I realize the train has departed. Well, that’s all for Rail track, the rest is history as I fall asleep in the train and work my ass of in the office, thinking about the GUY…..ummmmmm

3 comments:

† Crudus † said...

Lucky guy... unlucky you...

Rusty Razor said...

The Tracks that Lead you to various Stations Of Journey Called LIFE...

At every Station; Sometimes You Laugh on others and sometimes you end up being laughed upon, you think about others or just end up thinking about yourself w.r.t. others...

The Stations Remain the Same and so the Starting and the Destination Points of our journey but every day brings a new Experience ....

Howie DEPTH said...

u write well yaa!