Peeping through the window...

My recent on-call thespian conversation with Riya.

Riya: It’s D day and I feel nothing at all.
Me: Good for you. How long was that again?
Riya: About 2 years.
Me: Thank God, good times are back. Bless you.

(Hangup)

Riya speaks
I was with him for a real long time. If you have heard of first love, that was it. From Beaches to Bed, from Kisses to Sex and from Pills to Pad, I have done it all.
Today is my 6th year anniversary and he is around with someone else. The last time I saw him was in a wedding with the same girl, I guess, and he didn’t even bother to say a ‘Hi’. I was with Malfoe then and was trying to escape the situation as it seemed to be an only alternative to my guilt. But that didn’t mean a thing to anyone of us.
I smoked after a year leaving everyone astonished. It wasn’t that I quit smoking but was looking for the right moment to begin. I knew that there were going to be no more messages, glances, calls or even reaching out to me anymore. It was thoroughly over. I was in my car with Malfoe and I told him what possessed me for behaving such a creep. He was fine and so was I. I kissed him like never before to show my appreciation for the vary support that he provided to go far away from Kian.
Not knowing that there was someone ready to doubt my worthiness for the sole reason of being in an irresistible relationship for years together.
Weddings always form a reason to celebrate and this one was special for sure. It was the same place where we got married. He was right behind me in the queue for food and we shared glance and ignored simultaneously. It was all happening at the pace of lightening, loud music, Malfoe, Kian with someone else etc. I had no time to think and act. I so wished that the last time we bumped, I would at least give a smile to smoothen things up. This is something I never wanted but he did leaving hard feelings for each other.

I remember his last words…

Kian: Riya, if you ever see me in a crowd will you ignore me or at least say a Hi?
Riya: Of course not, infact I would Hug & Kiss you in the crowd and leave you embarrassed forever.

Sally speaks…
September 15th 2000.
Doctor: Are you sure you want to do this?
Sally: Yes doctor but I don’t want even the walls to know about this.
Doctor: Keep my word, no one will ever know, we will easily get it out. You are in safe hands, I promise.
Sally: Thank you doc.

At 6:30 in the morning, I am waiting in my car for Zia.
Sally: Come on Zia. How can you be late on such a crucial moment of my life? Did you get cash?
Zia: I don’t have cash but I guess my friend will get it all paid. You can pay it afterwards.
Sally: Thanks a lot Zia. I don’t know what would I have done without you. Let’s make it quick Alley is waiting.
Zia: Why is that jerk coming with us? Why do you need him when I am with you?
Sally: I need him no more but for cash to pay the bills.

I was on anesthesia. I was taken inside the operation theater on a stature. Zia & Alley stood outside@ 7am fighting and cribbing on how each one of them contributed to my miseries.

The operation begins…
Doctor: Are you still awake Sally?
Sally: I need one more dose. Please get it out gently.
Doctor: Worry not; it will hardly take 10min. Are you still awake?
Sally: (No response)

30 minutes later. Abortion successful.

Riya was secretly married to Kian who never returned from a Voyage. We all knew that he is dead but Riya did not believe us. She is happily married to Malfoe but still hallucinates Kian.

Sally is still single and a totally new person after her abortion. She had a bad phase in her life which we all warned about but she preferred being drifted. She had sex without protection and was pregnant with her so called Love- Alley’s child. She made the right decision of getting rid of it and was reincarnated in to a whole new person thereafter.

I speak…
The idea of writing this blog is to disclose a crucial chapter of my best friend’s lives and celebrate for the losses that were incurred on us in the past for good.
Me, Riya and Sally are college friends. According to our recent conversation, we were reviving old memories and disclosing these untold chapters to each other that left an impressive impact on me and gradually prompted me to write a blog on the same. Hope the readers understand the sentiments within and realize that these episodes were just the chapters and not the book.
For me, all I can comment is that our strength is the belief we have in our friendship today and for always…

3 comments:

Unruled Corner Of Heart said...

hi,
must say whatevea i read is awesome...well you know what i know you..i know ur mind being so far, your stories also same way seems to me as if i too have known them...


i loved it

Anonymous said...

@i am not into the dark
Thanks a lot for your comment. Its about a bad phase that everyone experiences. Some run away and some face it. I am just narrating it.

Anonymous said...

:-)