To them I owe it all…

If you think that this is just another Thanksgiving note…It’s not!!!

It’s a short (trying) description of the things I owe to the species called “Parents”.
Ok Ok the fact is that as I am broke this month and it’s their 24th anniversary tomorrow, I can’t afford a gift hence I have opted for a cheaper alternative-Blogging ;)

Refreshing my memory@ 4pm under the delusion of hangover last weekend, I was thinking. This is an activity I usually avoid to undertake but it was the Tequila speaking, not me.
In the dim streetlight that was trying hard to lighten the room through the little space left between the curtains had a very trippy effect on me. From what I remember is that as I theftfully (I know that’s not even a word) opened the door, Dad was right there waiting to pound on me with his words. As I was rescued by mom, I pretended to be tired and was off to bed.
That’s when I turned nostalgic of all the things that we onlook about our parents and act (selfish) accordingly.

Here are some examples, hope you remember-
Age 12- Mom, why don’t you give me pocket money like other parents to eat in the school canteen?
Age 15-Daddy, I am 15, I can use Internet, please give me SPACE to grow.
Age18- It was just a breezer Dad; I am an adult now, stop treating me like a kid.

Didn’t you always think that time was passing by and you had many things to achieve in life?
No one wants to be old. Everyone needs their space, so do your Parents. Maybe they are not cool enough but they were, before they switched to parenthood.

They have spent most of their life in cleaning your SHIT.
SHIT, when you were a stinking baby.
SHIT, when you yapped all those crappy words in your Teens.
SHIT, when you were are an adult (young). You never stood by when they needed you the most.

And here they are today, your parents; awaiting your singe call to say a “Hi” rather than, “Mom, I am not going to be home tonight"

I am not giving you Gyaan. I didn’t follow these crappy things either. But, hey, I am making an effort here. An effort that can help you make someone’s day.
Remember the chapter we read when in 8th std, I guess. That talks about a simple logic of making 3people happy in a day leading to 3000 gradually. So, as charity begins at home, why not initiate?

I read at least one news piece everyday that talk’s about a Daughter filling a case against her parents. Son killing his parents for money. Parents commit suicide after child slaughtered to death.
Where are we going guys? There should surely be some mannerism/respect/etiquette lectures here.
Of course after Sex education… ;)

Let’s not forget that we all are Indians, renowned worldwide for our culture & tradition. It is scripted in all ancient literature that Parents are next to God. The closer you are to your folks, the dearer to God.

So as a Gift to my Folks on their 24th Anniversary, all I want to say is “Mom, Dad I love you a lot. And thanks for being there for me”.

**Pssst-After reading this, they are so going to be proud of me. I hope they increase my pocket money. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i dont know i have never really been attached to my parents.. i guess girls r more attached to parents....

may be boys r too but am more of a private person... but i love my parents.. care abt them.. but cant liv with them... :)
wanna do so much for them.. wish me luck...

Khyati said...

Good Luck....