My first gig- Tribute to the beast 8-11-2008


Listening to Losing My Religion (Graveworm version), I was surfing through the old docs on comp when I came across this poem.
I wrote this poem almost 2years back. The only similarity between those days and now is my quest to discover a meaning to my vary existence. With not even a hint of what lies in the future I wrote this and God gracious it came to life.
I found my identity in a crowd of 350 on 8-11-2008.


Psychedelic Evolution
Moaning through the middle star
I lay awake all day
Screeching my voice in despair
Trying to make it audible to those millions out there
Fell on deaf ears;
Till the time arrived
When my disparity was recognized
As an accent of those who belonged to my commute
I woke up for them;
Gone are the days
When degradation of identity formed a part of my chores
When my dreams and aspirations were as blurred as fog
Smoking away life in ashes
My instruments played on dead strings
I woke up for them;
Academics were stable
Activities were hyper
Future was bright
But my crib lay in darkness,
Those screams of burden and pain
Targeted on my broad shoulders
Till the time I walked out into a new world
I woke up for them;
Compatibility was never an issue
I possessed the caliber to turn miseries into opportunities
And I knew I could win
When I woke up for Myself…
Now its time for you to wake up!!!


This poem to dedicated to an experience of a lifetime at my first gig with Spiked Crib (Smiling Suicide). Now I am a Marketing Professional in day and a Gothic metal vocalist in night and I love both the jobs.
Till then, Stay metal \m/

4 comments:

PaRaNoiDsLaYeR said...

first of all my apologies..for replying on ur comment thread...i cant think of any other means to talk ...maybe fb or yahoo... btw ...OMFG dont tell me u were the one at the tribute to beast gig!!!
i missed ur performance i guess..but heard twas good...best of luck for future endeavors...

Khyati said...

@Paranoidslayer
I guess orkut is the best means of communication then.
Anyways thanks for your reply, I heartily appreciate it.

Unknown said...

Tribute to the beast was one hell of a gig \m/ and Khyati for your first performance you did a kick ass job. The way u were headbanging i could see the crowd cheering for you guys. You rocked gurl \m/ waiting too see more of Spiked Crib !!!

Khyati said...

@Harini
Thanks a lot girl, it seemed impossible without your support.
Your wish is our command, more of Spiked Crib coming up....