Recession

Heard of Recession?
It’s a term used among the corporates to notify that the organization has gone bankrupt and are ready to kick their employees out at any given point in time to instill cost cutting.

Well, the courtesy to delineate the above is for the mere reason that I am the victim of the same.

To begin with, I was working at EnableM technologies for about 5months. This organization is amongst those in the list that were special to me as I planned to stick around for a year to build a profile.

Alas! It was yet another non-fruitful planning.

So here I was, 5 months down the line, at this shabby looking place where the ‘Management (With the word-Management I mean the 3 bosses that head the company, family business, you see.)’, felt ashamed to call the clients over to conduct meetings. It was the place where the sanitary rooms were so disgusting and smelly that the scars of the same can still be pointed on my ass and on my medical bills. It was the place where the Management bribed a classy/ talented/fussy/intelligent damsel-Me (exaggeration**) to work for the company at a good salary and kick right where it hurts the most to throw me out in the most critical times of my life.
To elaborate on the critical times I mean, after waiting for a year, I finally received a lavish Gold Credit Card, which I promised to use only in times of emergency.

And then came my birthday, come on birthdays are emergencies too!!!
So here goes my tempted self for shopping, movies and dinners, in debt of 11000 wonly.

Getting back to Recession, I was tensed, that’s all I can do at this point in time, I thought. But my colleagues and Tarzan had a different perception. Initially, when my boss put forward the idea of kicking me out of the office with a notice period of a week as I was on probation, I thought I was the chosen one (**Aaaa-sound effects). But ‘Hurrah!’ there were Two more of my kind. The designers were kicked out too and the whole department got shut down, I guess. If you are wondering, whatever happened to the boss? My boss is the ‘Management's family member.
Later, as I roll the drums to announce my misery and the unfair practices at work, my colleagues and Tarzan come up with a genius idea to get to the core of the situation. They wanted me to Rebel, ask for the vary reason for the series of unfortunate events in my life to the ‘Management’. The same day as I was working on the master plan to fcuk the company before I leave, I got screwed. I had a terrible fight with Tarzan, no calls from any company for jobs and no bank balance.

Trust me, that sucked, big time!

So, I pick bits & pieces of my broken self and march to the ‘Management’. After 45 minutes of thespian conversation, I realized how vague it was to be there in the first place. But hey, I got a smart deal, I am not paid extra, they asked me to fcuk off in a week’s time and they would still give me an experience letter saying that I was working at the organization, till I find a new job.
I think that’s cool enough.


On the same night I realized what importance can a simple job behold in one's life. As I am young I could easily find a new job soon or take loan from my folks. But some mind-boggling questions that hit me might add fuel to your thoughts as well-


In the process of Recession…
Who is to be held responsible when 1000’s of people loose their job nationwide?
What happens to the people who have lost their only source of income?
Can multinationals package that offers a letter to leave after a month along with 2 months advance salary, be useful to feed the old and young ones in the family for lifelong?
What happens to the illiterates who have lost their jobs at the core level?
How long will it take, in such a scenario, to find a new job?
Will the next company offer the same salary or less?

Think about it!!!

4 comments:

Ankit said...

Well i guess thats what we call "globalized" world..where greed of few individuals and some bad loans in a country happens to create probs all over...atleast you got something to look forward to..i am working in a comp which pays me to sit idle..initially it looks cosy but it gets hell a lot frustrating after a few days..:(

Khyati said...

Same here, the luxury had its own price...

Unruled Corner Of Heart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unruled Corner Of Heart said...

these thoughts have been the worst nightmares for me in recent days.
forget of me getting placed somewer, they not ready to get me some free internship even for my so called management studies,lol
m badly fcked up. i hope i would land in some good place soon, but alas!! m still hoping...