The face of death...

It’s been a while that I contributed articles to my Blog.
The mere reason being that there were not many incidents that left an impressive impact on my life.

But day before yesterday, I was swept off my feet. I was on the edge of loosing someone I owe my life.

On that evening, I and Tarzan headed to a local restro to celebrate my first deal in a span of 15days at my new organization. I didn’t even bother to inform anyone at home to say I was going to be late and not in for dinner. I was so lost in the essence of the gala time I had, loosing upon the mere thought of someone who is waiting all day for me at home.
Later, I get a call from my Mom asking how long I would take to reach home. I, as always, ignoring her conversation picked up and stated, “Be home in 20mins” and disconnected the line.
She is the same woman who from the mere look in my eyes can narrate the situation I had been through and wipe off my dried tears. I, on the other hand, couldn’t recognize her sorrowful tone.
Suddenly, I get a call from Dad. He asked me to reach home immediately as something had happened to Mom. All this while, I was under an impression that he was at home to take care of her. I was traumatized and tried reaching home ASAP.

On my way home, I had all the random thoughts flowing in my head. All episodes from my past, present and future came to life. I realized, how incomplete my life was without her. I understood that I can’t even take a step without holding her hand on the street till date. I always thought that I had the strength to portray my feelings whenever I wanted. But I was wrong, tears started rolling down my eyes and I couldn’t control myself this time. Recently I had a fight with her, when she found a pack of Cigi’s in my bag. I was not guilty, infact, I fought with her saying she should not fondle with my stuff as I am old enough to take care of myself. I yelled calling her a ‘Jinx’ in my life that took away the sweets in my teens by getting hold on to my dairy and abducted me to express myself freely from there on. There were lots of incidents when I had a lot of issues with my family, which I merely ignored thinking that they were a part my growing up routine with not even a slightest thought of the impact that it had on my family, especially Mom. All the above were like flashbacks of a fool.

I reached home. Mom was on the floor. All red and tears in her eyes. Trying hard to breath. I picked her up and made her comfortable on the couch. As she felt better, she insisted on not bothering the doctor as she believed that she was the best doctor for herself. Now, after almost 5-6 abdominal surgeries her body parts speak for themselves. I still called up the doc to ensure safety and asked her to visit ASAP. Everything was fine, nothing major.

As she narrated the incident to me and Dad we shared a look of how awful and incomplete our lives would be if one of us was lost. She was partially paralyzed. The phone and people where merely inaccessible while they were next door. How horrifying is it to skip a pulse and feel an excruciating pain, a pain of someone squeezing your heart, while you try to make a wish-list of things you have yet not done in your life and cheat death.

I realized, in the dark, to anyone of us, can come a visitor, who knock’s on your door and leaves you petrified for life with the looks he beholds on his face, the face of death.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know how it feels :)

Secular India said...

nice one!!!

But last paragraph was soooooo coooooooooooool mannnnn....

'face of death'.... (i imagined garys face coz he's sooo cool too)

† Crudus † said...

Greetings from ur "tarzan",

I have experience the similar situation when I landed home one day and found my mum in a similar situation. She was sure that she would pass away as her heart thudded away and the pulse on her neck could be visible. She even told my brother and me where she kept all her belongings... We were young and incapable and we stood with tear filled eyes... She told us she loved us... And that she would pray to God for us... I didn't want her to die... I called up a close friend who for some reason was home that day.. she rushed my mum to the doctor somehow.. and put her on ventilation...and today she lives... Every time i hurt her I feel guilty and remember this day... I want to make her feel the best she could ever feel...

It is only the loss of a person that makes you realise his/her value... I lost the closest pal I had, just because I couldn't give him tome when he needed to share his problems with me... I feel guilty cuz nothing can be done.. but for mum.. and all I love.. I'll do my best.. .
Thanks for the thoughts in this blog girl... love ya!

Katzie said...

@ Dolwin..hahaha
@Crudus aka tarzan thanks for your lovely input, I knew you did understand.

DEad FoeTus said...

Man i agree....i lost my uncle and a very close friend o mine.. and id been damn careless till the end...and everythings over... i cant bring back the time and say sorry to em...now that i gotta live with it all ma life...trust me its tha worst thing one could eva have...

nammsy said...

who can understand better than me.. ive lost my "mom". U please take care of her. mwaah!

Katzie said...

@ Namrata
It was an experience for me to make me realize the worth of the woman who spend her life to make me what I am.
I am sorry for your loss, but I kno know one but you can understand my situation best!