I don't want to grow up!


It’s a lovely Friday morning with traces of monsoon in the air. Recalling how I use to enjoy first rain a few years back.

This year’s first rain was also an experience in itself. I was working at Cuffe Parade, a place that has a view of the Arabian. It was blazing hot on a early May evening that even a slightest idea of stepping out of the office for a break was a strict ‘No No’. Suddenly, the clouds gather around the shore and it starts drizzling. I heard the tap of the rain water on the roof and ran towards the window. It was like greeting a lover after he returns from a voyage. The shiny road under the dim street lights on the busy Colaba Causeway was a lovely sight. It was all calm and cold, just the way I like it.

On my way back home, I came across a few people having a thespian discussion about Political scenario of our country, the condition of the roads, the weather, the hygiene and finally the youth. It was more or less grumbling then a discussion. I wondered if these people were ever young. They have lost it, the innocence is gone.

So today I am on a quest to make all the readers of my blog realize that it’s about time to gain happiness even in the minute things to win it back and lead a happy life.
I am listing down the things I still Love to do which form a part of my innocence, if you have any to jot down, comment on the blog and I shall Add it...

1- I can still doze with if mum sings a lullaby
2- I still jump from the last step of a ladder
3- I still stop the car to look at the crackers in the sky
4- I still remember the lyrics of Barbie Girl by Aqua
5-I can still dance Macarena
6-I still go candy shopping and sip of Rs.1 Pepsi
7- I still chew pencil or pen top while I am thinking
8-I still hold soap like a mic while bathing and sing stupid tunes (My band shouldn’t know this ;P)
9-I still prefer Maggi noodles to pasta
10-Lastly, I still love to get wet in the rain.



Contributions by Namzy-
1-She still has a lots of crushes (I hope your bf is not reading this :P)
2-We still love bunking work like old times of bunking college
3-We still have our SLAM books preserved

6 comments:

nammsy said...

hehehe that was cute .. Guess what im in the same situation as u r in ryt now. Even i thought the same thing the other day. I mean why do things change after we grow up.. why cant we lead the same life forever? Life was so much fun back then. Excitement of vacations after school , Gettin wet in rains , making slam books in school, lol bunking college n go to bandstand in rainy season, those teenage crushes :P. We didnt have enuff money but still life was fun..
Why have we changed now? Are we expected to behave matured or we change according to the scenario.
But u know wat we still have that innocence.. ask how? At this age also we got caught drinking at tarzan :D hahahaha

~sWeEt~ said...

That is too touchy Khyati...

I really feel that gals never grow up ('.') at somepoint of time we all feel same and thts one reaason I always remind myself to nuture my inner child ;-)

Khyati said...

@Namzy Indeed yes, we shall never forget the Tarzan episode...lolz
And yes as I promised your contribution shall go in my blog...:)

@ Sweet I totally agree, Girls just wana have fun :P

Anonymous said...

Hi Khyati.. Read your blog, really liked it. Would you be interested in writing for mumbaikar.com? Contact me on neha.gandhi@mumbaikar.com

Shreyon said...

I still love watching women get wet in the rain :P

Khyati said...

@Shreyon
You're a creep :p