Tell me your dreams...

At midnight, when the world turned its back on me and everything seemed dark, I saw an image sitting, staring with questionable eyes. I looked at her petrified, trying to scream but couldn’t make a noise. I stared back at her to seek information on who she was and what she wanted. She spoke to me saying that she was my saviour, she would help me fight with all the troubles and tribulations that I would ever encounter in my life.

Since then, every night she would come to my house. She sat on the refrigerator top staring at me in despair. Sometimes I could hear her crying that would leave my hair stand on its end. One day, I gathered courage and asked her name, she said I am a part of you, name it as you like it...I called her Meenu.

As years passed by Meenu started coming everywhere I went, she encouraged me to do things I couldn’t think of doing like Singing, Dancing and Talking to people.
I developed a whole new persona, I was angry when Meenu was angry, sometimes she made me do evil things like hitting people, abusing them and lots more. I started developing a grudge against people who were at any point in time bad to me. The grudge was not erasable it was persistent for years to such an extent that I couldn’t stand a sight of them, I would get hyper, yelling my guts out, sobbing for ours till Meenu was calm.
As I grew older, I and Meenu spoke less. After a few years, I couldn’t remember who she was until one day.

I was reading Sidney Sheldon’s Tell me your dreams...
It’s a story of a girl- Ashley Patterson, who suffers from MPD (Multi Personality Disorder). Her hatred had evolved in a character named ‘Toni Prescott’, a bold girl, who was uncontrollable to an extend that she started murdering people whom she disliked.
On the other hand was ‘Allete Peters’ a timid girl, who loved to paint and would end up listening to ‘Toni’ when her painting was disliked, again murdering people.

When I read the book, I found a connect of the characters with my life. Initially, I was Allete, a timid girl, who had aspirations to do a lot of creative things but she couldn’t, all she needed was a little push. Until one day, at the age of 10, she was pressurised to such an extent that she couldn’t bear, giving birth to ‘Toni’. Since then there have been certain people I dislike but I don’t know why. I get hyper over little things and end up thinking of all possible ways of making it bad for the ones who hurt me. Eventually, all this subsided by the time I was in college until...

One day, one of my talks were leaked and I couldn’t take the pressure. I was asked to undergo rituals that would get me out of the situation, I wanted to be in. My life was back on track, a track I had never chosen. This created hatred in me against the ones who cursed my existence and since then the grudge has spread like an epidemic. Toni was back.

Today, Allete helps me pursue my interest and control Toni. But there are times Toni comes back and handles the situation either getting me out of it or worsening it.

Everyone has something they are inspired from in their lives. Reading inspires me.
The above article is fictional and I am sane. :P
I no-longer have imaginary friends just a thought I jotted, hope you like it. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

liked your post.... N good you mentioned that it was fictional and you are sane else people would have doubts.... Just kidding...!!! :)

Khyati said...

@Neha I knew that was coming. Yes it's a fictional article. Evryones got an imaginary friend in their childhoood, just trying to capture that innocence and guilt

Archie..my life said...

Your posts are always unique..
this imaginary part is with me even till today, and got 2 one gud and one bad...which i thnk for :)
awesome post babes keep writing..

Anonymous said...

main to dar gayi :O .... i was afraid to look on the top of my refigerator after reading this :P

nammsy said...

Its me nammsy .. the previous post is mine :P by mistake i clicked on anonymous

Khyati said...

@Nammsy I knew it was you from your lingo. Well its meant to scare.

in love with death metal said...

good one
hats off
don't have words

Khyati said...

@ In love with Death Metal
I found your words, :)
Thanks

in love with death metal said...

keep on posting
iam eagerly waiting for another one
have mah word on it