Bucket full of tears

On a damp night I wrote a song,
of the moon and the monsoon walking along;
from my bed in the caged palace I glared,
they dropped a tear on to my head.
dreading of the pitch black I cuddled in the plastic roll,
when the thundered night sent shivers down my soul;
the creek in the backyard knocked on the fencing wall,
escaping the electrifying dark water was a close call.
the jingling of the rodents fell in my ears,
the drowning in the coffin left my life in fears;
nine years later I stepped on new heights,
it didn't miss a chance to drop me in the darkness of the fortune fight.
I reincarnated in to a warrior princess,
yet the memory of the monster house streams an access,
waking me, petrified.

4 comments:

djoiiii said...

Amazingly spooky...I loved the beginning...felt very really.
Dint get a clear idea of the end, what it was trying to say...or mebbe that's just me..but do write more monsoon poems, I love them..no matter how dark they maybe!

Khyati said...

^ This poem is about my old house, that had a dripping ceiling for a good nine years. No matter what we did to avoid it, it would drip every monsoon. My house had a wall that separated my backyard from the creek, I could hear it roaring one monsoon till the water erupted from the ground and mixed with electricity circulating current in the same. My mom use to put a plastic roll on me whenever the ceiling dripped and my room was so small that the tiny window allowed me to see only the monsoon and the moon.

Ali said...

hey ,thts really amazing to read ..
good one ...i understand wht it really means to you.
god bless n i hope u dont get to see that darkness again.

Love,
xxx

Abhishek said...

Good one.. i really liked the way you portrayed your ideas.. good work..keep it up..